Outline on Drapery

0102030405
0607080910
This undated set of pages was distributed at the Disney Studios some time in the mid-1930s as part of the training program. They describe the technique of drawing drapery (clothing) in simple terms, so once you have read this you'll never forget this. Well, I didn't, in any case.

It's been too long - I have been busy with our new film Albert which has its premiere this weekend! I'll show you some of it in my next posting. More VERY soon, including the drafts I promised!

Comments

  1. Welcome back! I'm looking forward to the Jungle Book drafts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see you back Hans! Looking forward to many interesting posts!
    I really enjoy these lecture transcripts/instruction notes... they make you feel like a fly on the wall during which was arguably the Studio's most ambitious and interesting period!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I is SO good to have you back posting in your blog again. You've been missed!

    And here you post this 'Outline on Drapery'. Nice. What can I say except 'Thanks!'

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Prod. 2074 - Peter Pan (XVII)  - Seq. 15.0 - Voyage Home -- Ending

The First Hyperion Ave. Studio

Miffy the Movie in cinemas in Holland!